Saltash, Cornwall PL12 6SD
St Mellion Estate (Nicklaus Course)
The Nicklaus golf course at St Mellion International Resort is a world-renowned golf course designed by the legendary golfer Jack Nicklaus. Located in the heart of the beautiful countryside of Cornwall in the UK, this stunning course offers an unforgettable golfing experience for players of all levels.
The Nicklaus golf course is widely regarded as one of the finest championship golf courses in the UK. The course was opened in 1988 and has since hosted several major tournaments, including the Benson and Hedges International Open and the English Open. It is a par-72 course that measures at over 7,000 yards from the back tees and is widely regarded as the best parkland in the south west of England, but also perhaps the toughest.
The course has been designed to take advantage of the natural contours of the land, with rolling hills, natural water features, and lush green fairways. The Nicklaus golf course is famous for its challenging layout, with a number of strategically placed hazards, including bunkers and water hazards, designed to test even the most experienced golfers.
One of the most challenging holes on the course is the par-5 11th hole, which features a narrow fairway flanked by water on both sides. Players must navigate their tee shots carefully to avoid the water hazards and set up a good approach shot to the green.
Another notable feature of the Nicklaus golf course is its signature 18th hole, a par-4 that requires a precise tee shot to avoid the water hazard on the left and set up a short approach shot to the green. The hole is surrounded by stunning views of the surrounding countryside, making it a memorable end to a round of golf.
In addition to the Nicklaus golf course, St Mellion International Resort also features the Kernow golf course, a challenging par-69 course that provides a more accessible option for less experienced golfers.
The Nicklaus signature course regularly ranks amongst the top courses in the UK and was Nicklaus’ first venue into European course design… and what an attempt it was! “I knew it was going to be good, but not this good… it’s everything I hoped for and more… St Mellion is potentially the finest golf course in Europe”.
Distances and pars
The local area
Situated in Saltash, St Mellion International Golf Resort sits at the gateway to Cornwall and is easily accessible from the A38 making it an ideal place to start or end your Cornish golf tour. Plymouth is only 20 minutes drive for those looking for a bit of city nightlife.
Recent GSW client feedback
- - sascha labusWe booked a 5 day Cornwall trip through Golf South West and everything worked out very fine. Definitely a recommondation !! - sascha labus - 04 Oct 2023
- - Ryan ShannSam made the whole process easy, with great communication. I would recommend Golf South West Ltd, to anyone wanting to book a golf trip. - Ryan Shann - 04 Oct 2023
- - Neil WilliamsGreat price great venue. Staff couldn’t do enough for us. - Neil Williams - 03 Oct 2023
- - Dylan Walsh2nd year in a row we have used Golf South West. Sam sent myself 5-6 different options to choose from with various budgets. Ended up going for a custom package o... read more2nd year in a row we have used Golf South West. Sam sent myself 5-6 different options to choose from with various budgets. Ended up going for a custom package of The Players in Bristol then onto Mendip Springs. Fantastic service read less - Dylan Walsh - 03 Oct 2023
- - John CalGreat experience dealing with Golf South West, excellent communication and they made the booking process very easy. I would absolutely recommend this company to... read moreGreat experience dealing with Golf South West, excellent communication and they made the booking process very easy. I would absolutely recommend this company to organise your golf break. read less - John Cal - 02 Oct 2023
- - Wayne MitchellGreat value for money, hotel - food - golf was great. - Wayne Mitchell - 25 Sep 2023
Hotels near by
Courses near by
Resorts near by
St Mellion Estate
Distance: less than 1 mile
China Fleet Country Club
Distance: 6.9 miles
Bowood Park Golf Resort (Cornwall)
Distance: 33.6 miles